makefiles

mmashaie

Hi,
I'm trying to compile a makefile. On my command line, I type make and I
get the below message; I don't understand why I get that. I am using
Borland C++ version 2:

C:\Maryam\clarke> make
MAKE Version 3.7 Copyright (c) 1987, 1994 Borland International
Fatal makefile 38: No terminator specified for in-line file operator

Thanks!
Maryam

Alan Balmer

Hi,
I'm trying to compile a makefile. On my command line, I type make and I
get the below message; I don't understand why I get that. I am using
Borland C++ version 2:

C:\Maryam\clarke> make
MAKE Version 3.7 Copyright (c) 1987, 1994 Borland International
Fatal makefile 38: No terminator specified for in-line file operator
It means that an in-line file operator has no terminator. If you need
more specifics, I suggest you find a newsgroup with "borland" in its
name, since your question has nothing to do with the C language.

Gordon Burditt

I'm trying to compile a makefile.

Makefiles are not compiled by any version of make I am aware of.
Makefiles aren't C.
On my command line, I type make and I
get the below message; I don't understand why I get that. I am using
Borland C++ version 2:

C:\Maryam\clarke> make
MAKE Version 3.7 Copyright (c) 1987, 1994 Borland International
Fatal makefile 38: No terminator specified for in-line file operator

I suggest you remove the line:

THIS POST IS OFF TOPIC!

on line 38. If that's not what's on line 38, what is?

Gordon L. Burditt

Christopher Benson-Manica

I'm trying to compile a makefile. On my command line, I type make and I
get the below message; I don't understand why I get that. I am using
Borland C++ version 2:

Make your way to the appropriate borland.public.* newsgroup. Start
with

http://snipurl.com/hvlr
C:\Maryam\clarke> make
MAKE Version 3.7 Copyright (c) 1987, 1994 Borland International
Fatal makefile 38: No terminator specified for in-line file operator

<ot class="fyi">

Borland offers a free 5.5 version of their compiler suite that you
should use in the absence of some compelling reason to the contrary.

http://www.borland.com/bcppbuilder/freecompiler/

</ot>