    Thanks!
    Maryam

    , Sep 22, 2005

  2. Alan Balmer Guest

    On 22 Sep 2005 12:18:22 -0700, wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I'm trying to compile a makefile. On my command line, I type make and I
    >get the below message; I don't understand why I get that. I am using
    >Borland C++ version 2:
    >
    >C:\Maryam\clarke> make
    >MAKE Version 3.7 Copyright (c) 1987, 1994 Borland International
    >Fatal makefile 38: No terminator specified for in-line file operator

    It means that an in-line file operator has no terminator. If you need
    more specifics, I suggest you find a newsgroup with "borland" in its
    name, since your question has nothing to do with the C language.
    --
    Al Balmer
    Balmer Consulting

    Alan Balmer, Sep 22, 2005

  3. >I'm trying to compile a makefile.

    Makefiles are not compiled by any version of make I am aware of.
    Makefiles aren't C.

    >On my command line, I type make and I
    >get the below message; I don't understand why I get that. I am using
    >Borland C++ version 2:
    >
    >C:\Maryam\clarke> make
    >MAKE Version 3.7 Copyright (c) 1987, 1994 Borland International
    >Fatal makefile 38: No terminator specified for in-line file operator

    I suggest you remove the line:

    THIS POST IS OFF TOPIC!

    on line 38. If that's not what's on line 38, what is?

    Gordon L. Burditt

    Gordon Burditt, Sep 22, 2005
  4. wrote:

    > I'm trying to compile a makefile. On my command line, I type make and I
    > get the below message; I don't understand why I get that. I am using
    > Borland C++ version 2:

    Make your way to the appropriate borland.public.* newsgroup. Start
    with

    http://snipurl.com/hvlr

    > C:\Maryam\clarke> make
    > MAKE Version 3.7 Copyright (c) 1987, 1994 Borland International
    > Fatal makefile 38: No terminator specified for in-line file operator

    <ot class="fyi">

    Borland offers a free 5.5 version of their compiler suite that you
    should use in the absence of some compelling reason to the contrary.

    http://www.borland.com/bcppbuilder/freecompiler/

    </ot>

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Sep 22, 2005