    'INSTALLSITEBIN' is not a known MakeMaker parameter name.

    That word is reported on the CPAN site. This happens in both 5.50 and
    latest version.

    Guru03, Feb 17, 2004

  2. Guru03

    Bill Guest

    Guru03 wrote:
    > Hi, I want to put my executables of EXE_FILES into /usr/sbin with:
    >
    > INSTALLSITEDIR => '/usr/sbin'
    >
    > but the MakeMaker tells me:
    >
    > 'INSTALLSITEBIN' is not a known MakeMaker parameter name.
    >
    > That word is reported on the CPAN site. This happens in both 5.50 and
    > latest version.

    I don't know that word. However, maybe, just maybe TMTOWTDI. Can you set
    INST_SCRIPT to your bin directory?

    from the docs for makemaker:

    EXE_FILES

    Ref to array of executable files. The files will be copied to the
    INST_SCRIPT directory. Make realclean will delete them from there again.

    Bill, Feb 18, 2004

  3. Guru03

    Guru03 Guest

    Bill <> wrote in news::

    > I don't know that word. However, maybe, just maybe TMTOWTDI. Can you set
    > INST_SCRIPT to your bin directory?
    >
    > from the docs for makemaker:

    > EXE_FILES
    >
    > Ref to array of executable files. The files will be copied to the
    > INST_SCRIPT directory. Make realclean will delete them from there again.

    I tried:

    EXE_FILES = ['exec.pl'];

    INST_SCRIPT = '/usr/sbin';

    but it doesn't work.

    Guru03, Feb 18, 2004
  4. Guru03

    Bill Guest

    Guru03 <> wrote in message news:<Xns949362E09DFDAGuru03despammedcom@193.43.96.1>...
    > I tried:
    >
    > EXE_FILES = ['exec.pl'];
    >
    > INST_SCRIPT = '/usr/sbin';
    >
    > but it doesn't work.

    instead of 'exec.pl' use something in the source tree the makefile uses, like

    '/lib/dir/exec.pl'

    Bill, Feb 18, 2004