    AppName: pythonwin.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: ntdll.dll
    ModVer: 5.1.2600.1217 Offset: 000096f9
    , Jan 18, 2005

  2. Roger Upole Guest

    Looks like the makepy step creates the generated file successfully,
    but python is choking with an assertion failure on lines longer than
    512 when it tries to import it.

    This is the line it was processing when it died:
    def GetSpellingSuggestions(self, Word=defaultNamedNotOptArg,
    CustomDictionary=defaultNamedOptArg, IgnoreUppercase=defaultNamedOptArg,
    MainDictionary=defaultNamedOptArg, SuggestionMode=defaultNamedOptArg,
    CustomDictionary2=defaultNamedOptArg, CustomDictionary3=defaultNamedOptArg,
    CustomDictionary4=defaultNamedOptArg, CustomDictionary5=defaultNamedOptArg,
    CustomDictionary6=defaultNamedOptArg, CustomDictionary7=defaultNamedOptArg,
    CustomDictionary8=defaultNamedOptArg, CustomDictionary9=defaultNamedOptArg,
    CustomDictionary10=defaultNamedOptArg):

    You might be able to do a workaround by hacking genpy.py and replacing the
    default....Arg names with something shorter.
    ....Nope, there are a few other lines that exceed 512.

    I think it's a problem with the encoding. If you remove the mbcs tag
    (# -*- coding: mbcs -*-) from the top of the generated file, the import
    succeeds.

    Roger

    Roger Upole, Jan 19, 2005