makepy must be run after restart of pythonwin

bk

hi,

thank you for the hint, but i solved the problem myself.
i didnt knew that that the following two lines in py-script must be added:

from win32com.client import gencache
gencache.EnsureModule('{00062FFF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}',0,8,0)

now it works fine. my skills in python in python are not really advanced, so
the python-mailinglists are good help for me.

so long
ben

hi,

i'm using pythonwin 2.2.3
my programm reads and write the outlook-adress book using COM. for this i
have to use the makepy utility. after i have run the utiltity everything is
fine and i can run my py-file without any errors.
but if i close the pythonwin and restart and then try to run my py-script i
get the following error:

File "C:\Program Files\Python22\contacts_ausgabe.py", line 45, in
DumpDefaultAddressBook
folder =
mapi.GetDefaultFolder(win32com.client.constants.olFolderContacts)
File "C:\PROGRA~1\Python22\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\__init__.py",
line 168, in __getattr__
raise AttributeError, a
AttributeError: olFolderContacts

I suggest you examine the attributes of win32com.client.constants. Perhaps
there is a case sensitivity issue. makepy can cause attributes that were
previously case insensitive to become case sensitive.

I also recall somewhere a discussion about win32com.client.constants not
being populated immediately. Consider waiting a moment after dispaching.

Bob Gailer
(e-mail address removed)
303 442 2625