    elemental page to upload to my new powerlink account.

    Any tips/links are appreciated.

    SL

    SL, Dec 28, 2003

  2. >From: (SL)
    >Hello group,
    >I have some basic HTML skills. But that
    >was 3 years ago (self taught). I was back
    >in school...again (im 35). Learning some
    >networking skills and other such things
    >like visual basic. It was only the html I
    >threw in to teach myself some "basics".
    >Anyways, I dont want to tax my little
    >limited brain anymore. So I am looking for
    >a click-n-paste, wysiswyg type software to
    >make the most elemental page to upload
    >to my new powerlink account.

    Better off learning a bit more basic HTML and stay away from Program
    Editors... Try my Design Series for Beginners:
    http://davmagic.com/PAGES22.html

    Web Design-Magic-Painting-Junking-Games
    INFO 2000 For You
    http://www.davmagic.com
    See how your webpages look on a MSN-TV Browser:
    Download it here: http://developer.msntv.com/Tools/msntvvwr.asp

    Davmagic .Com, Dec 28, 2003

  3. SL wrote:
    > Anyways, I dont want to tax my little limited brain anymore. So I am
    > looking for a click-n-paste, wysiswyg type software to make the most
    > elemental page to upload to my new powerlink account.

    WYSINWIGs don't work. HTML is very simple, you should be able to relearn
    it fairly easily.

    Leif K-Brooks, Dec 28, 2003
  4. SL

    m Guest

    SL may have written:
    > ............(im 35)...............
    > Anyways, I dont want to tax my little limited brain anymore.

    Brains don't work that way.
    They actually respond well to
    exercise. Of course, you are 35,
    so I suppose you could be over the hill.
    I once met a fellow about your age
    who couldn't learn any
    more back in the early '60s, but it had more
    to do with a Volkswagen rollover than
    anything else.

    > So I am
    > looking for a click-n-paste, wysiswyg type software to make the most
    > elemental page to upload to my new powerlink account.

    See other followups to your post, which are correct.
    --
    Cheers, m http://www.mbstevens.com

    m, Dec 28, 2003
  5. SL

    Brody Guest

    Hi.

    Yeah, it is much better to learn the code on your own rather than using some
    editor. Using programs to do so makes your web pages slow and often times
    unstable. Some generate huge images and style sheets that aren't even
    compatible with every Internet browser.

    I have to agree with the rest of your responses. Strongly.

    Oh, and I'm 14 and I learned HTML on my own in fifth/sixth grade. I actually
    began using Microsoft FrontPage and just looked at the code and figured out
    how it worked! After you learn HTML, go onto JavaScript other programming
    languages. I recommend CSS Style Sheets for your web site, otherwise you'll
    need to add huge chunks of code to every page.

    Good luck,
    Brody

    Brody, Dec 28, 2003
  6. SL

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    SL wrote:
    > So I am
    > looking for a click-n-paste, wysiswyg type software to make the most
    > elemental page to upload to my new powerlink account.

    Have a look at Blink on http://wojanware.com/
    A free wisiwyg editor and very easy to use.
    Learn something about stylesheets.
    Nico

    Nico Schuyt, Dec 29, 2003
  7. SL

    rf Guest

    "Nico Schuyt" <> wrote in message
    > SL wrote:
    > > So I am
    > > looking for a click-n-paste, wysiswyg type software to make the most
    > > elemental page to upload to my new powerlink account.

    > Have a look at Blink on http://wojanware.com/
    > A free wisiwyg editor and very easy to use.

    If it's free then why does it require a valid email address to recieve an
    unlock key?

    Ok I'll bite, having seen this thing mentioned here before <hastily
    constructs very temporary email address/>

    Hmmm. As I suspected. We have three tabs here. The left hand one, "Normal"
    is an instantiation of the standard Internet Explorer Server control, as it
    the right hand one, the difference being that the left hand one has edit
    enabled. Simple stuff, detailed in MSDN.

    The center tab is more interesting. This is a standard RichEdit control with
    some syntax highlighting. The code for this can of course be obtained
    directly from somewhere like codeguru.

    What else. Ah yes, on the right a document tree, no doubt extracted from the
    IE control, directly into a standard treeview control. A property list,
    detailing those deprecated properties one may apply to the HTML elements on
    the page.

    Lets type in some stuff. Lets change the colour of the text: Bingo ( or
    should I say <blink> ) depricated <font> elements. Change some other things,
    more deprecated elements. Not a mention anywhere of being able to use a
    style.

    The menu bar? Lets insert a table (presumably for layout). Lets split the
    page up into frames.

    Why is the download 10 megabytes plus? I think I saw fireworks being
    installed there somewhere. is not Fireworks a pay for item, subject to
    copyright? Maybe there is a "runtime" version :)

    I really see nothing that can not be done with notepad or a nice syntax
    colouring editor and a selection of browsers. The BIG thrust of <blink> of
    course is that is uses IE as its viewer, not My Favourite Browsers. There
    are a few nice things like the dropdown "what tag do you want" thing (which
    breaks as soon as I roll my mouse wheel to scroll the list) but it comes
    nowhere near real editors like <shudder> .net </shudder>, which completes
    the element for you and automatically indents things. Oh, hang on, <bink>
    *does* complete the element, providing one does not type the closing > in
    the opening tag. What about realtime validation, like .net does?

    I really think that this thing should not be given to newbies. It encourages
    badly constructed and deprecated code, just like FrontPage.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Dec 29, 2003