Making a calendar

Pete.....

Hi all.

I'm trying to make a calendar for my webpage, python and html is the only
programming languages that I know, is it possible to make such a calendar
with pythong code and some html.

The Idea is that when I click the link calendar on my webpage, then the user
will be linked to the calendar.

The calendar should show one month at the time, and the user should be able
to browse to the other month.

I will make a script that puts events and such into a db ( I know how to do
this)

Then I need a script that puts the events from the db into the calendar, if
every day in the calendar has a value id that part will not be hard.

What I need is a script that generates the calender, in such a way that each
month will be have a value, and that the user then can click the days to see
more info about the events.

I was thinking something like the iMPcal calender:
http://www.heidgerken.org/impcal2/calendar.php

Is there any modules I can use, or does any of you hardcore programmers have
some advice on how I should proceed with this little project of mine :)

Thanks

Michele Simionato

Looking at the "calendar" module in the standard library may help.
Also, "pydoc calendar" is your friend.

Michele Simionato

Brian Sutherland

I'm trying to make a calendar for my webpage, python and html is the only
programming languages that I know, is it possible to make such a calendar
with pythong code and some html.

The Idea is that when I click the link calendar on my webpage, then the user
will be linked to the calendar.

The calendar should show one month at the time, and the user should be able
to browse to the other month.

I will make a script that puts events and such into a db ( I know how to do
this)

Then I need a script that puts the events from the db into the calendar, if
every day in the calendar has a value id that part will not be hard.

All this and more (perhaps overkill):

http://www.schooltool.org/schoolbell

Pete.....

Thanks all.

I will look at your links tonight :D
Hopefully they will make me smile and jump around as a happy man...

Cheers