    default style for <p> <h1> <h2> <td> <mail: ....> , and any of the tags ?

    Is there any style sheet in the internet, that can be downloaded ?

    Thanks :)
    Mr. x, Nov 29, 2003

  2. In article <3fc889f4$1@news.012.net.il>, says...
    > Hello,
    >
    > Can I make a style sheet for any of my elements in the current html page,
    > that will be common for IE & Netscape ?

    Yes. Aren't they all commoon for IE and Netscape? What about Mozilla?
    Safari?

    > default style for <p> <h1> <h2> <td> <mail: ....> , and any of the tags ?

    Did you make "<mail:>" up by yourself?

    > Is there any style sheet in the internet, that can be downloaded ?

    All stylesheets can be downloaded.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/
    Hywel Jenkins, Nov 29, 2003

  3. Mr. x

    Mr. x Guest

    > > Can I make a style sheet for any of my elements in the current html
    page,
    > > that will be common for IE & Netscape ?

    > Yes. Aren't they all commoon for IE and Netscape? What about Mozilla?
    > Safari?

    I have checked also Mozila (Netscape is based on it).
    I don't know much about Safari.

    > > Is there any style sheet in the internet, that can be downloaded ?

    > All stylesheets can be downloaded.

    Where ?

    Look at www.moca.co.il/test/main.html - styles look differently in netscape
    and in IE.

    Thanks :)
    Mr. x, Nov 29, 2003
  4. Mr. x

    George Self Guest

    Mr. x wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Can I make a style sheet for any of my elements in the current html page,
    > that will be common for IE & Netscape ?
    >
    > default style for <p> <h1> <h2> <td> <mail: ....> , and any of the tags ?
    >
    > Is there any style sheet in the internet, that can be downloaded ?
    >
    > Thanks :)

    You may be interested in the W3C "Core" style sheets. These are basically
    seven example sheets (named Chocolate, Midnight, Modernist, Oldstyle,
    Steely, Swiss, Traditional, and Ultramarine) they created some time ago.
    You can link to their sheets and use them as is on their site - or download
    them and change them to fit your application.

    Here's a link to help you get started: http://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/Core/

    --George
    George Self, Nov 29, 2003
  5. Mr. x

    Mr. x Guest

    > You may be interested in the W3C "Core" style sheets. These are basically
    > seven example sheets (named Chocolate, Midnight, Modernist, Oldstyle,
    > Steely, Swiss, Traditional, and Ultramarine) they created some time ago.
    > You can link to their sheets and use them as is on their site - or

    download
    > them and change them to fit your application.
    >
    > Here's a link to help you get started: http://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/Core/

    Yes, that's what I am looking for.
    I see that this is only explanations.
    Where are the files, please ?

    Thanks :)
    Mr. x, Nov 29, 2003
  6. Quoth the raven named Mr. x:
    > Look at www.moca.co.il/test/main.html - styles look differently in
    > netscape and in IE.

    Egad! An iframe which contains a page of *three* *nested* framesets?

    I am surely glad that I don't have to maintain this mess.

    > Thanks :)

    You're welcome. You should start over from the beginning and forget
    about frames entirely.

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 29, 2003
  7. Mr. x

    PeterMcC Guest

    Mr. x wrote:
    >> You may be interested in the W3C "Core" style sheets. These are
    >> basically seven example sheets (named Chocolate, Midnight,
    >> Modernist, Oldstyle, Steely, Swiss, Traditional, and Ultramarine)
    >> they created some time ago. You can link to their sheets and use
    >> them as is on their site - or download them and change them to fit
    >> your application.
    >>
    >> Here's a link to help you get started:
    >> http://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/Core/

    > Yes, that's what I am looking for.
    > I see that this is only explanations.
    > Where are the files, please ?

    This one gets the Modernist CSS:
    http://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/Core/Chocolate.css
    Change Chocolate for Midnight, Modernist, Oldstyle, Steely, Swiss,
    Traditional, or Ultramarine to taste.

    --
    PeterMcC
    inappropriate or offensive in any way,
    PeterMcC, Nov 29, 2003
  8. Mr. x

    Mr. x Guest

    > Egad! An iframe which contains a page of *three* *nested* framesets?
    >
    > I am surely glad that I don't have to maintain this mess.
    >
    > > Thanks :)

    > You're welcome. You should start over from the beginning and forget
    > about frames entirely.
    >
    > --

    The main reason for using iframe, is just for my page will be seen in
    800x600 browser (with scrolling from up to down) - nothing else. I would
    preffer a better solution, but I didn't find any.
    If you have better advise, please let me know, please.

    I want to arrange my screen, so I used the frameset, some of them are aspx
    pages, which must be.
    I don't want to copy and pasting the entire page, if I know that part of my
    screen are fixed and part of them must be changed, so if you advise me
    otherwise, I would be glade to hear about it, please (Is there any good
    web-programming ?)

    Maybe the entire page in flash is a good solution, but what should I do
    about the server side (flash support only web services on the server side,
    not aspx , am I right ?)

    Thanks :)
    Mr. x, Nov 29, 2003
  9. Quoth the raven named Mr. x:

    I originally said:
    >> Egad! An iframe which contains a page of *three* *nested*
    >> framesets?
    >>
    >> I am surely glad that I don't have to maintain this mess.
    >>
    >>> Thanks :)

    >> You're welcome. You should start over from the beginning and
    >> forget about frames entirely.

    > The main reason for using iframe, is just for my page will be seen
    > in 800x600 browser (with scrolling from up to down) - nothing else.
    > I would preffer a better solution, but I didn't find any. If you
    > have better advise, please let me know, please.

    http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?AnySizeDesign

    Do not design for a particular monitor resolution. It has no
    correlation to the size of the browser window. Not all of your
    visitors will have their browser maximized.

    > I want to arrange my screen, so I used the frameset, some of them
    > are aspx pages, which must be. I don't want to copy and pasting the
    > entire page, if I know that part of my screen are fixed and part of
    > them must be changed, so if you advise me otherwise, I would be
    > glade to hear about it, please (Is there any good web-programming
    > ?)

    I didn't see anything at your page that required frames at all. Simple
    html pages, or generated .aspx pages without frames would do nicely.

    If you need to include changing content, use some form of SSI - server
    side includes - for that content, but don't use frames. Use CSS divs
    and, since you are doing .aspx, use server-side scripting to place the
    text.
    http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Include_one_file_in_another
    and
    http://www.html-faq.com/htmlframes/?framesareevil

    I can't imagine that Googlebot could find anything at your site,
    buried in frames like that.

    > Maybe the entire page in flash is a good solution, but what should
    > I do about the server side (flash support only web services on the
    > server side, not aspx , am I right ?)

    No.

    We don't want to start another Flash war, but no, Flash is not your
    answer.

    > Thanks :)

    Surely.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 29, 2003
  10. Mr. x

    Mr. x Guest

    Well,
    It seems that this doesn't work for my page
    (I am using Hebrew, and dir = "rtl" in a table).

    You can look at : www.moca.co.il/test/main_home.html
    If I put in the header code to include one of the stylesheets - I see almost
    nothing of what I have written.

    Is there anything special I should do to view my page (is it that I use
    Hebrew character set, and rtl, realy the problem here ?)

    Thanks :)

    Mr. x, Nov 30, 2003
  11. Mr. x

    Mr. x Guest

    Sorry for last top-posting,
    (It is not the first time I am sending messages to forums, but it is the
    first time someone let me know about top-posting - I should get used to send
    my message correctly).

    Here is my correction (same thing as before, with decoration - if you read
    the previous - it's the same) :

    > This one gets the Modernist CSS:
    > http://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/Core/Chocolate.css
    > Change Chocolate for Midnight, Modernist, Oldstyle, Steely, Swiss,
    > Traditional, or Ultramarine to taste.

    Well,
    It seems that this doesn't work for my page
    (I am using Hebrew, and dir = "rtl" in a table).

    You can look at : www.moca.co.il/test/main_home.html
    If I put in the header code to include one of the stylesheets - I see almost
    nothing of what I have written.

    Is there anything special I should do to view my page (is it that I use
    Hebrew character set, and rtl, realy the problem here ?)

    > PeterMcC
    > If you feel that any of the above is incorrect,
    > inappropriate or offensive in any way,
    > please ignore it and accept my apologies.

    You're welcomed.

    Thanks :)
    Mr. x, Nov 30, 2003
  12. Mr. x

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Mark Parnell, Dec 1, 2003
  13. Mr. x

    Jim Royal Guest

    In article <3fc889f4$1@news.012.net.il>, Mr. x <> wrote:

    > Can I make a style sheet for any of my elements in the current html page,
    > that will be common for IE & Netscape ?

    My own site uses two style sheets, and both are intended for all
    browsers (more than just IE and Netscape). Feel free to take a look:

    http://jimroyal.com/

    The reason I use two style sheets is that one is hidden from Netscape
    4.x and earlier browsers.

    > Is there any style sheet in the internet, that can be downloaded ?

    All style sheets can be downloaded. Just look at the code of any page,
    and you'll see the address for the CSS file(s).

    --
    Jim Royal
    "Understanding is a three-edged sword"
    Jim Royal, Dec 1, 2003