Making a common style sheet for IE & netscape

Mr. x

Hello,

Can I make a style sheet for any of my elements in the current html page,
that will be common for IE & Netscape ?

default style for <p> <h1> <h2> <td> <mail: ....> , and any of the tags ?

Is there any style sheet in the internet, that can be downloaded ?

Thanks :)

Hywel Jenkins

Hello,

Can I make a style sheet for any of my elements in the current html page,
that will be common for IE & Netscape ?

Yes. Aren't they all commoon for IE and Netscape? What about Mozilla?
Safari?

default style for <p> <h1> <h2> <td> <mail: ....> , and any of the tags ?

Is there any style sheet in the internet, that can be downloaded ?

All stylesheets can be downloaded.

Mr. x

Can I make a style sheet for any of my elements in the current html
page,
Yes. Aren't they all commoon for IE and Netscape? What about Mozilla?
Safari?
I have checked also Mozila (Netscape is based on it).
I don't know much about Safari.
All stylesheets can be downloaded.
Where ?

Look at www.moca.co.il/test/main.html - styles look differently in netscape
and in IE.

Thanks :)

George Self

Mr. x said:
Hello,

Can I make a style sheet for any of my elements in the current html page,
that will be common for IE & Netscape ?

default style for <p> <h1> <h2> <td> <mail: ....> , and any of the tags ?

Is there any style sheet in the internet, that can be downloaded ?

Thanks :)

You may be interested in the W3C "Core" style sheets. These are basically
seven example sheets (named Chocolate, Midnight, Modernist, Oldstyle,
Steely, Swiss, Traditional, and Ultramarine) they created some time ago.
You can link to their sheets and use them as is on their site - or download
them and change them to fit your application.

Here's a link to help you get started: http://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/Core/

--George

Mr. x

You may be interested in the W3C "Core" style sheets. These are basically
seven example sheets (named Chocolate, Midnight, Modernist, Oldstyle,
Steely, Swiss, Traditional, and Ultramarine) they created some time ago.
You can link to their sheets and use them as is on their site - or download
them and change them to fit your application.

Here's a link to help you get started: http://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/Core/

Yes, that's what I am looking for.
I see that this is only explanations.
Where are the files, please ?

Thanks :)

Mr. x

Egad! An iframe which contains a page of *three* *nested* framesets?
I am surely glad that I don't have to maintain this mess.

You're welcome. You should start over from the beginning and forget
about frames entirely.

--

The main reason for using iframe, is just for my page will be seen in
800x600 browser (with scrolling from up to down) - nothing else. I would

I want to arrange my screen, so I used the frameset, some of them are aspx
pages, which must be.
I don't want to copy and pasting the entire page, if I know that part of my
screen are fixed and part of them must be changed, so if you advise me
otherwise, I would be glade to hear about it, please (Is there any good
web-programming ?)

Maybe the entire page in flash is a good solution, but what should I do
about the server side (flash support only web services on the server side,
not aspx , am I right ?)

Thanks :)

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven named Mr. x:

I originally said:
The main reason for using iframe, is just for my page will be seen
in 800x600 browser (with scrolling from up to down) - nothing else.
I would preffer a better solution, but I didn't find any. If you
have better advise, please let me know, please.

http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?AnySizeDesign

Do not design for a particular monitor resolution. It has no
correlation to the size of the browser window. Not all of your
visitors will have their browser maximized.
I want to arrange my screen, so I used the frameset, some of them
are aspx pages, which must be. I don't want to copy and pasting the
entire page, if I know that part of my screen are fixed and part of
them must be changed, so if you advise me otherwise, I would be
glade to hear about it, please (Is there any good web-programming
?)

I didn't see anything at your page that required frames at all. Simple
html pages, or generated .aspx pages without frames would do nicely.

If you need to include changing content, use some form of SSI - server
side includes - for that content, but don't use frames. Use CSS divs
and, since you are doing .aspx, use server-side scripting to place the
text.
http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Include_one_file_in_another
and
http://www.html-faq.com/htmlframes/?framesareevil

I can't imagine that Googlebot could find anything at your site,
buried in frames like that.
Maybe the entire page in flash is a good solution, but what should
I do about the server side (flash support only web services on the
server side, not aspx , am I right ?)

No.

We don't want to start another Flash war, but no, Flash is not your
answer.

Surely.

Mr. x

Well,
It seems that this doesn't work for my page
(I am using Hebrew, and dir = "rtl" in a table).

You can look at : www.moca.co.il/test/main_home.html
If I put in the header code to include one of the stylesheets - I see almost
nothing of what I have written.

Is there anything special I should do to view my page (is it that I use
Hebrew character set, and rtl, realy the problem here ?)

Thanks :)

Mr. x

Sorry for last top-posting,
(It is not the first time I am sending messages to forums, but it is the
first time someone let me know about top-posting - I should get used to send
my message correctly).

Here is my correction (same thing as before, with decoration - if you read
the previous - it's the same) :
This one gets the Modernist CSS:
http://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/Core/Chocolate.css
Change Chocolate for Midnight, Modernist, Oldstyle, Steely, Swiss,
Traditional, or Ultramarine to taste.

Well,
It seems that this doesn't work for my page
(I am using Hebrew, and dir = "rtl" in a table).

You can look at : www.moca.co.il/test/main_home.html
If I put in the header code to include one of the stylesheets - I see almost
nothing of what I have written.

Is there anything special I should do to view my page (is it that I use
Hebrew character set, and rtl, realy the problem here ?)
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,

You're welcomed.

Thanks :)

Jim Royal

Can I make a style sheet for any of my elements in the current html page,
that will be common for IE & Netscape ?

My own site uses two style sheets, and both are intended for all
browsers (more than just IE and Netscape). Feel free to take a look:

http://jimroyal.com/

The reason I use two style sheets is that one is hidden from Netscape
4.x and earlier browsers.
Is there any style sheet in the internet, that can be downloaded ?

All style sheets can be downloaded. Just look at the code of any page,
and you'll see the address for the CSS file(s).