Making a custom PageParser

Misha Bergal

I want to make my own PageParser, to implement some functionality
currently missing from standard one, i.e.:

* Code blocks which are marked with % in first line

% foreach( int c in ... )
% {

% }

* ability to define page methods with code blocks

% void display_s()
% {
% }

Does anybody know about any sample implementation or anything that
could help me?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin Yu [MSFT]

Hi Misha,

We have reviewed this issue and are currently researching on it. We will
update you ASAP. Thanks for your patience!

Kevin Yu
=======
rights."

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Misha,

Thanks for posting here.
As for the customized PageParser you mentioned, I'm afraid this is
unavailable in the current or the coming 2.0 version of ASP.NET framework.
As for the default PageParser in asp.net it is derived from the
System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser , however, this from the MSDN document
this class(abstract) is not intended to be used directly from our own code.
So I think ASP.NET haven't provide the customzie interface for pageparser.

In fact, this is a common behavior in all the common dynamic web content
techniques such as JSP, PHP, ASP... each one will has their own fixed page
code syntax. If customized syntax are allowed , mixed page content may make
the runtime difficult to compile the page source and processing the page
instance.

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support