Making a deployment package for a desktop application using vb.net

Jony Joe

Dear All;

I am now making a deployment package using the .net deployment setup
project.

It is a desktop application that its solution contains 7 projects that
generate DLLs and EXEs (executables). The solution generates 2 EXEs that use
the other generated Dlls.

I used the custom actions method to make the actions after taking some
parameters from the user. Here are the questions:

1- Can we add custom actions that edit two different app.config and how we
can edit every one determining his name for example?

All I can see that we can add many custom actions for different outputs, but
how we can edit each separately.

2-Are there any conditions that the App.config must have?

For example I found that the name of app.config has to App.config, if you
tried to rename it any other name, you can't treat it as an XML application
configuration file.

3-How to make a shortcut for a specific EXE from an application in the
solution?

I want to make a shortcut for a specific EXE in the project, I found that it
puts shortcut that refers to the location of the folder that the application
is installed.

4-Is there any method to determine the location of the project that the user
chose during the installation?

Sorry for my long questions and my long mail but please I need a reply to
them ASAP.

Thanks for your co-operation and support.

Best Regards;

Jony Joe