    thanks for any advice.
    George

    , Sep 15, 2005

  2. SM Ryan Guest

    wrote:
    # Sorry if this is off-topic.

    You might try using a scripting language available for your system.
    Some of them, like Applescript on Macs, can manipulate GUI fields
    and even present their own gui. I think expect from the Tcl
    community might also be able to do that.

    You might try a newsgroup on scripting languages for your system.

    --
    SM Ryan http://www.rawbw.com/~wyrmwif/
    I think that's kinda of personal; I don't think I should answer that.

    SM Ryan, Sep 15, 2005

  3. Jack Klein Guest

    On 15 Sep 2005 03:46:40 -0700, wrote in
    comp.lang.c:

    > Sorry if this is off-topic.
    >
    > At work we have a database program that is very cumbersome to use,
    > which i think is written in C. Are there any programs available that
    > will let me make my own version by linking buttons and fields from
    > various screens onto one form, which when i update will then transfer
    > the data back into the main application?
    >
    > There are about 15 different screens in the main program, but we only
    > use 2/3 fields from 6/7 of the screens. This is to save time jumping
    > through all the screens to put in the basic info we require.
    >
    > thanks for any advice.
    > George

    Actually, it is off-topic here, but even if it were not there is not
    nearly enough information for anyone here to provide an answer.

    Do you "think" it is written in C, or do you know? Do you have the
    source code, and the same compiler that was used to build the program?
    And the legal right to use and/or modify the source code? If you do,
    and you have the skills or hire a programmer who has the right skills,
    then you can have a modified version of the program built.

    But this is really not a language issue. The C language does not have
    buttons, fields, screens, or forms. All of these things come from
    third-party libraries and/or platform specific extensions provided by
    your computer's operating system.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com