    back it displays it on the page.

    Regards
    Tim

    Tim Marsden, May 28, 2004

  2. Tim Marsden

    Patrice Guest

    My personal preference is :
    - on the submit event (or even on the unload event), to hide the form and
    show a section that contains the wait message (mainly because it's easy to
    enable ore disable this).

    Other options I saw are :
    - use an intermediate page (but you have to change the control flow)
    - use Response.Flush (but less easy AFAIK with the ASP.NET programming
    model) if you want still a valid HTML code
    - other ?

    Patrice

    "Tim Marsden" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to be able to create a page which accepts user input.
    > When to user press Submit, a long task is performed, and the results
    > displayed on a new page.
    >
    > When the user presses Submit, can I put a "Waiting...." page out. The page
    > requests some information from another source, when it gets the

    information

    Patrice, May 28, 2004

  3. Hi Tim,

    In addition to Patrice's suggestion, here are some tech articles disucssing
    on display client waiting info when performing a long run task at the
    serverside.

    #How to show progress in the client browser for a long-running ASP.NET page
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=837375

    #DESIGN PATTERNS: Asynchronous Wait State Pattern in ASP.NET
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/12/designpatterns/default.aspx
    http://www.aspnetpro.com/NewsletterArticle/2003/08/asp200308bm_l/asp200308bm
    _l.asp

    Also, you can search some former threads in this group, there're also many
    former ones disucssing on the same problem. Thanks.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    Get Preview at ASP.NET whidbey

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], May 31, 2004
  4. Hi Tim,

    Have you had a chance to check out the suggestions in my last reply or have
    you got any further ideas on this issue? If you have anything unclear or if
    there're anything else we can help, please feel free to post here. Thanks.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jun 3, 2004