Making a program pause

user923005

Please don't top-post (corrected here).

A Sleep() function is not the same as a "sleep" command.

Besides which, there is a major distinction between a sleep command
and a sleep function.
There is a sleep command on my Windows machine, because I wrote it.
But for most Windows systems, if you execute this code snippet:

system("sleep 300");

there won't be any 3 second pause.

Kelsey Bjarnason

[snips]

Not sure what you mean by bundled but the Windows API has a Sleep() function
that has been available at least since Windows 95.

Context:

system("sleep 300");

Explain to us how to invoke the Sleep() function, in a standard XP box,
using the code above.

Oh, right, you don't. XP has no sleep command, exactly as I said.