Making a public property on a master page visible to a content page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ex glider pilot, May 25, 2008.

  1. Hi
    I have a public property on a master page:

    Public Sub SetTitle(ByVal TitleText As String)
    Me.lblMessage.Text = TitleText
    End Sub

    the page def of the content page is:
    <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master"
    AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="EditNewRequirement.aspx.vb"
    Inherits="MembersArea_EditNewRequirement" title="Untitled Page" %>

    <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1"
    Runat="Server">
    </asp:Content>

    in vb

    auto complete me.master does not give SetTiltle as valid

    I have other pages where it seems to work fine, I created the page
    from scratch with wizard vs 2008 net 3.5

    any thought please?

    Ex glider pilot, May 25, 2008

  2. Ex glider pilot

    clintonG Guest