  1. java_killer

    java_killer Guest

    I like to make a screensaver with java. Can anyone help me?
    java_killer, May 9, 2008

  2. java_killer wrote:
    > I like to make a screensaver with java. Can anyone help me?

    Elsewhere you said

    > I have no idea about Java.

    If you want to write a program in Java, the first step is to learn Java.
    I'd look for a training course, buy a book and read Sun's tutorials.

    http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/java/index.html

    --
    RGB
    RedGrittyBrick, May 9, 2008

  3. Kenneth P. Turvey wrote:
    > On Fri, 09 May 2008 10:32:10 +0100, RedGrittyBrick wrote:
    >
    >> java_killer wrote:
    >>> I like to make a screensaver with java. Can anyone help me?

    >> Elsewhere you said
    >>
    >>> I have no idea about Java.

    >> If you want to write a program in Java, the first step is to learn Java.
    >> I'd look for a training course, buy a book and read Sun's tutorials.
    >>
    >> http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/java/index.html

    > Java might not be the best language choice for a screen saver.

    a) Java might be the best language choice for a cross-platform screen
    saver. https://screensavers.dev.java.net/

    b) The OP didn't ask which language is best.

    c) I suspect the OP is hoping for some sort of ScreenSaver-o-matic that
    converts "gimme blue one n zooming meteors, yeah n cool rap trax" into
    software for him/her. Perhaps I've been reading newsgroups for too long :)

    --
    RGB
    RedGrittyBrick, May 9, 2008
  4. RedGrittyBrick wrote:
    > Kenneth P. Turvey wrote:
    >> Java might not be the best language choice for a screen saver.

    > a) Java might be the best language choice for a cross-platform screen
    > saver. https://screensavers.dev.java.net/

    I can not be done without JNI. JNI is a mess. I would say that
    there need to be significant advantages using Java over other
    languages in other parts of the code to compensate for the JNI
    usage.

    And the above link is not cross-platform - it is only some
    versions of Windows, Linux and Solaris.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, May 12, 2008