Making a WMP component clickable

news user

I have to embed a windows media player component in a page,
which is surrounded by a frame (in this case is a table with
a background image). When the user passes the mouse over the
whole table (it can be within the component or not) and clicks,
a new window should apper opening to a site...
The problem is that I added an onClick event to the table, and
it works, but only in places not occupied by the component!
Is there some way to achieve this?
And BTW, another question. After the video is displayed, I have
to show a new background image where the video was shown (that
is, change the background image of the table). How can I do this?

TIA!