Making a Xerces archive library

david.sagan

Hello Everyone:

I am trying to create a Xerces C++ archive (.a) library instead of the
standard shared-object (.so) one. I don't see any information on how
to do this. Anyone have any answers?

-- Thanks, David

Joseph Kesselman

I am trying to create a Xerces C++ archive (.a) library instead of the
standard shared-object (.so) one. I don't see any information on how
to do this. Anyone have any answers?

I presume you've already looked at the many variants on
http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/build.html

I'd suggest asking on Xerces-C's mailing list, since that's where you'll
find the folks with the deepest knowledge of that code and its
makefiles. It's quite possible that nobody's tried this recently, in
which case this may be your opportunity to make a contribution to Xerces...

(I haven't tried to compile Xerces-C in years, so I can't help.)