    to do this. Anyone have any answers?

    -- Thanks, David

    , May 14, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > I am trying to create a Xerces C++ archive (.a) library instead of the
    > standard shared-object (.so) one. I don't see any information on how
    > to do this. Anyone have any answers?

    I presume you've already looked at the many variants on
    http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/build.html

    I'd suggest asking on Xerces-C's mailing list, since that's where you'll
    find the folks with the deepest knowledge of that code and its
    makefiles. It's quite possible that nobody's tried this recently, in
    which case this may be your opportunity to make a contribution to Xerces...

    (I haven't tried to compile Xerces-C in years, so I can't help.)

    Joseph Kesselman, May 14, 2007