    former, but I want to stay with the latter, since I'm interested in
    getting into development. The main area of collision appears to be
    the Registry.

    CWC, Nov 7, 2010

  2. On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 2:25 PM, CWC <> wrote:
    > I'm new to Python.  Is it possible to make ActivePython 3.12 and
    > Python 3.12 co-exist on Windows?  I've got an app which requires the
    > former, but I want to stay with the latter, since I'm interested in
    > getting into development.  The main area of collision appears to be
    > the Registry.
    > --

    ActivePython is the same thing as the "normal" Python. They just
    bundle the standard Python 3.1.2 distribution with a couple of extra
    packages in a convenient installer for you.

    Benjamin Kaplan, Nov 7, 2010

  3. CWC

    CWC Guest

    On Nov 7, 12:34 pm, Benjamin Kaplan <> wrote:
    > ActivePython is the same thing as the "normal" Python. They just
    > bundle the standard Python 3.1.2 distribution with a couple of extra
    > packages in a convenient installer for you.

    Thanks, Ben! Based on your response, I decided to go ahead and
    install
    ActivePython 3.1.2.

    CWC, Nov 8, 2010
  4. On 2010-11-07, at 12:34 PM, Benjamin Kaplan wrote:

    > On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 2:25 PM, CWC <> wrote:
    >> I'm new to Python. Is it possible to make ActivePython 3.12 and
    >> Python 3.12 co-exist on Windows? I've got an app which requires the
    >> former, but I want to stay with the latter, since I'm interested in
    >> getting into development. The main area of collision appears to be
    >> the Registry.
    >> --

    > ActivePython is the same thing as the "normal" Python. They just
    > bundle the standard Python 3.1.2 distribution with a couple of extra
    > packages in a convenient installer for you.

    Yup. And as the documentation details,
    http://docs.activestate.com/activepython/3.1/whatsincluded.html
    ActivePython includes PyWin32, Tkinter based on Tk 8.5 ... and PyPM for easy package management,
    http://code.activestate.com/pypm/

    -srid

    Sridhar Ratnakumar, Nov 8, 2010