Making an ASP.NET page talk to a running .NET program

jmcgrew

I'm not very familiar with ASP.NET, so any pointers would be
appreciated.

I'm developing a C# program which will basically run in the background
as a server. I want to have a web-based front end which people can use
to configure the server, edit their accounts, upload new data, etc.

One way to implement this would be for the server to accept
connections on a special port, and the ASP pages would connect to the
server and talk over the socket. But that adds complexity to the
server.

Is there a way to let the ASP pages work directly with the objects in
the server process instead?