Making Custom border in DataGrid

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by augustesen@gmail.com, May 18, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello

    I am using making an ASP.NET website using C# in Visual Studio 2003.

    On the website I display a DataGrid which contains

    - five columns, one with and item name and four with different prices
    for the various items.
    - Columnheader with item name and four different buying options
    - A number of rows with items, sorted by manufactore

    Now my problem is how to get the kind of borders in and around this
    DataGrid.

    Here is what I would like to do:

    - A thin border all the way around the DataGrid
    - A thin border between the item column and the first price column
    - A thin border between Columnheader and the first item in each row
    - A thin border between each rows when the manufactore changes

    It should look something like this
    | Itemname | Price1 Price2 Price3 Price4 |
    | Manufac1 |

    | Man1 item1 | 34 343 23 23 |
    | Man1 item2 | 44 545 34 54 |
    | Manufac2 |

    | Man2 item1 | 23 23 23 43 |
    | Man2 item2 | 34 34 34 43 |

    (I hope the above "image" is not completly messed up!)

    Can anyone give me any ideas how to do this? I have tried using CSS
    style sheets, but so far unsuccesfull.

    Regards
    Søren Augustesen
    , May 18, 2006