Making directories with python

Robert Singer

I've been looking in the archives, but can't find anything similar.
I'm trying to write a script which would make directories (winxp
platform, py2.5) - actually, just one - a new directory with a date
name. That is it would be called, for example: 20081129 (today's
date).

Are there any modules which could be helpful here ?
I don't have much literature on py, and the manual is a little hard to
follow to me as a beginner, so I'm asking your help.

I'd appreciate any advice you can give.
Robert

Stef Mientki

Robert said:
I've been looking in the archives, but can't find anything similar.
I'm trying to write a script which would make directories (winxp
platform, py2.5) - actually, just one - a new directory with a date
name. That is it would be called, for example: 20081129 (today's
date).

Are there any modules which could be helpful here ?
os
I don't have much literature on py, and the manual is a little hard to
follow to me as a beginner, so I'm asking your help.
os.makedirs ( path )

cheers,
Stef