making ie compatible code firefox compatible using Greasemonkey?

pantagruel

Hi,
The company I work for has purchased an absolute dog of a web based
application that will only work on IE, looking through the code the
most apparent IE only part is the continual use of the xmlhttp
activeXobject, I won't have access to the source code so I can't change
that but what I was thinking was would it be possible to write a
Greasemonkey extension that loaded a script that declared activexobject
as being a new instance of the firefox xmlhttp object, as well as
whatever other objects that needed to be declared/extended in such a
way that the IE site would run in Firefox.

I suppose that depends on where/when Greasemonkey loads the extending
script in the page load?

Also, does anyone know of any scripts that already do a bunch of
setting of objects in this way. I'm thinking of stuff that makes
document.all mean sense to the W3C DOM. Normally this stuff is done as
a one off.

Any comments on this relatively not well thought out as yet idea?

Thanks