    external program. Either is fine.

    Does anybody have any recommendations for a good program from
    generating these simple graphs?

    spam head, Feb 19, 2011

  2. spam head

    Paul Rubin Guest

    spam head <> writes:
    > I'm looking for an easy way to display simple line graphs generated by
    > a python program in Windows. It could be done from within the
    > program, or I could write the information out to a file and call an
    > external program. Either is fine.

    I've used gnuplot and rrdtool for this in recent projects. Rrdtool is
    for ongoing time series and gnuplot is for more general graphing. I
    looked at Timeplot too, which looks really neat, but I didn't try to use
    it.

    Paul Rubin, Feb 19, 2011

  3. spam head

    jkn Guest

    jkn, Feb 19, 2011
  4. spam head wrote:

    > Does anybody have any recommendations for a good program from
    > generating these simple graphs?

    Have a look at Veusz, written in python: http://home.gna.org/veusz/

    (I am the lead author).

    Jeremy

    Jeremy Sanders, Feb 19, 2011
  5. spam head wrote:
    > I'm looking for an easy way to display simple line graphs generated by
    > a python program in Windows. It could be done from within the
    > program, or I could write the information out to a file and call an
    > external program. Either is fine.
    >
    > Does anybody have any recommendations for a good program from
    > generating these simple graphs?

    http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/

    JM

    Jean-Michel Pichavant, Feb 21, 2011
  6. Den 21.02.11 10.34, skrev Jean-Michel Pichavant:
    > spam head wrote:
    >> I'm looking for an easy way to display simple line graphs generated by
    >> a python program in Windows. It could be done from within the
    >> program, or I could write the information out to a file and call an
    >> external program. Either is fine.
    >>
    >> Does anybody have any recommendations for a good program from
    >> generating these simple graphs?

    > http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/
    >
    > JM

    +1, I like matplotlib a lot. Consider python(x,y) as an easy install
    path. It both shows plots interactively and let you save to file. I even
    use it for publications.

    Paul.

    Paul Anton Letnes, Feb 22, 2011
  7. On Feb 22, 4:28 pm, Paul Anton Letnes <>
    wrote:

    > +1, I like matplotlib a lot. Consider python(x,y) as an easy install
    > path. It both shows plots interactively and let you save to file. I even
    > use it for publications.
    >
    > Paul.

    +1 for matplotlib, incredibly powerful and (if you know a bit about
    matlab)
    easy to use.
    The results are also graphically very nice...

    Andrea Crotti, Feb 22, 2011