Making Line Graphs

Guest

I'm looking for an easy way to display simple line graphs generated by
a python program in Windows. It could be done from within the
program, or I could write the information out to a file and call an
external program. Either is fine.

Does anybody have any recommendations for a good program from
generating these simple graphs?

Paul Rubin

spam head said:
I'm looking for an easy way to display simple line graphs generated by
a python program in Windows. It could be done from within the
program, or I could write the information out to a file and call an
external program. Either is fine.

I've used gnuplot and rrdtool for this in recent projects. Rrdtool is
for ongoing time series and gnuplot is for more general graphing. I
looked at Timeplot too, which looks really neat, but I didn't try to use
it.

Jean-Michel Pichavant

spam said:
I'm looking for an easy way to display simple line graphs generated by
a python program in Windows. It could be done from within the
program, or I could write the information out to a file and call an
external program. Either is fine.

Does anybody have any recommendations for a good program from
generating these simple graphs?
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/

JM

Andrea Crotti

+1, I like matplotlib a lot. Consider python(x,y) as an easy install
path. It both shows plots interactively and let you save to file. I even
use it for publications.

Paul.

+1 for matplotlib, incredibly powerful and (if you know a bit about
matlab)
easy to use.
The results are also graphically very nice...