Making Linkbuttons show visited status accurately.

Guest

I have a page that I get to by selecting a part number and serial number of
an object which then generates a set of files. Some of these files have
unique names (containing part/serial data within the name) and others of
these files (for historical/hysterical reasons) always have the same name.
Basically, all of these files are generated from a database and provide the
information in various formats.

The problem is that on this last page, once I have visited the links
(displayed the files) for one part and serial, that link always shows as
"visited"--even for other parts.

I am using ASP.NET and using a "LinkButton" to generate the links. So, what
the browser sees is something like: "javascript:__doPostBack('Format1','')".
(Where "Format1" is the "id" of the LinkButton.). So, is there a way I can
get the Part and Serial number into some text somewhere so that the browser
recognizes the link as different when it is pointing to a file that really is
different?

(The fact of the matter is that on the server, the file is given a name with
the part and serial number appended to the name and then downloaded with
"Response.OutputStream.Write" and set up so the client only sees the base
file name. (Really cool! BTW!)).

Thanks in advance!!

Lowell