making my app multi-lingual

MattB

I have a web application that I distribute with only the aspx (and other
asp_ files) but no .vb files and a compiled /bin folder. The clients
then customize visual elements on those pages to make it look how they
want (as much as this makes possible anyway), but I can maintain all the
logic in the compiled code. Although less than perfect this approach
generally works.

I now have a client in Canada who wants to run two copies of my web
application, one in English and one in French. I've identified a bunch
of places where I have hard-coded English somewhere in the vb and am
trying to address them all by moving as much wording as possible into
the page so it can be edited.

One problem I've run across that I don't know how to handle is that of
dates. I use the asp.net calendar control on one page and have a label
displaying the selected date like this:

lblStartDate.Text = calStartDate.SelectedDate.ToLongDateString

I was figuring that LongDateString would be dictated by the regional
settings of the web server. My problem is they want to have an English
set and a French set on the same server, so I need to come up with
another solution.

Of course the calendar it's self is another issue that could hopefully
use the same solution if there is one.

Could I somehow programmitally set the region and language so I could
run two sets in different "regions" on the same server?

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Matt

PS - I have thought of a virtual server but prefer something with less
configuration for the client if possible.