making pretty serial code

micky

S+7PSHL8FjayBYixSRSusdFlDbNrb+Afam8Nby77FfeO8SDyTVXQKg==

this is my serial Number of product ...so it's so difficult to read
how can i chage this code consist of only number?
of course it can be decoded so,,,sha1 md5 is not ,,,
how do i dooo?

Grant Merwitz

Not sure an encryption method to do that,

But you can generate a Guid that looks a little better than that.
Like this:
b4a50931-f3de-423d-7bde-bfc1707d14a1

Guid's are really easy to generate
string s = Guid.NewGuid().ToString();

This can be saved in your database as a Char(36)
All Guid's generated will always be unique

You can also use some code to strip out the dashes and minipulate the Guid
as needed

HTH

micky

S+7PSHL8FjayBYixSRSusdFlDbNrb+Afam8Nby77FfeO8SDyTVXQKg==

this encription code have some value ...so i can't use guid...._.._