Making text appear below a link?

Samuël van Laere

I've seen it on some site, though i can't remember where at.
I don't think it used javascript, nor anchors but i'm not sure.
What happened was the following:
One could click a link, like in a FAQ list.
And the answer would show up below the clicked link.
I believe it also disapeared after re-clicking that same link.

Any idea's what i'm after or what it is called?

--
With regards,
Samuël van Laere

Adrienne

I've seen it on some site, though i can't remember where at.
I don't think it used javascript, nor anchors but i'm not sure.
What happened was the following:
One could click a link, like in a FAQ list.
And the answer would show up below the clicked link.
I believe it also disapeared after re-clicking that same link.

Any idea's what i'm after or what it is called?

You're probably after an anchor:

<a name="anchor">Here is the anchor</a>

Note that you could also refer to an id instead.

http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/links.html#edef-A

Richard

Samuël said:
I've seen it on some site, though i can't remember where at.
I don't think it used javascript, nor anchors but i'm not sure.
What happened was the following:
One could click a link, like in a FAQ list.
And the answer would show up below the clicked link.
I believe it also disapeared after re-clicking that same link.
Any idea's what i'm after or what it is called?

Probably a simple "onclick" routine. Replacing the text with blank space.
Or changing the text color to that of the background and making it appear to
have disappeared.

Toby A Inkster

Samuël van Laere said:
One could click a link, like in a FAQ list.
And the answer would show up below the clicked link.
I believe it also disapeared after re-clicking that same link.

Somethign like this?
http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/scratch/menu.html

It should technically be possible without JavaScript, using the :active
CSS pseudo-class, but don't expect such things to work outside of Opera
7.x