Making use of aspnet_client subfolder for custom javascript files

Earl Teigrob

I'm building a collection of custom controls that rely on external
javascript (.js) files to be included. I've noticed the Microsoft
custom web controls make use of the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client
subfolder to store common javascript files and other include common
files. I've also noticed some third-party control vendors have
successfully made use of this folder by including their own subfolder
under aspnet_client and dumping .js files in there.

I'd like to know if there is a tool that be used to map my includes to
point to this directory so when my control performs a <script
language='javascript' src='myscript.js'> it resolves to the common
subfolder under aspnet_client.

It's seems like Mirosoft would provide a standardized approach to
storing common .js files for use in custom web controls, so I'm
guessing I just haven't found the documentation on how to utilize
this.