Making use of aspnet_client subfolder for custom javascript files

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Earl Teigrob, Nov 3, 2003.

  1. Earl Teigrob

    Earl Teigrob Guest

    I'm building a collection of custom controls that rely on external
    javascript (.js) files to be included. I've noticed the Microsoft
    custom web controls make use of the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client
    subfolder to store common javascript files and other include common
    files. I've also noticed some third-party control vendors have
    successfully made use of this folder by including their own subfolder
    under aspnet_client and dumping .js files in there.

    I'd like to know if there is a tool that be used to map my includes to
    point to this directory so when my control performs a <script
    language='javascript' src='myscript.js'> it resolves to the common
    subfolder under aspnet_client.

    It's seems like Mirosoft would provide a standardized approach to
    storing common .js files for use in custom web controls, so I'm
    guessing I just haven't found the documentation on how to utilize
    this.

    Earl Teigrob, Nov 3, 2003