    vs2008 project? I tried putting it inside a dll but it wont let me. I
    thought there was a project type for web user controls, but can't find it
    now for some reason. What should I do?
    Andy B, Apr 24, 2008

  2. Please follow the instructions in this MSDN article :

    Turning an .ascx User Control into a Redistributable Custom Control:

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Apr 24, 2008

  3. Andy B

    Lloyd Sheen Guest

    "Juan T. Llibre" <> wrote in message
    > Please follow the instructions in this MSDN article :
    >
    > Turning an .ascx User Control into a Redistributable Custom Control:
    >
    > Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    > asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    > "Andy B" <> wrote in message
    >> How do you make ascx controls available to more than 1 web application or
    >> vs2008 project? I tried putting it inside a
    >> dll but it wont let me. I thought there was a project type for web user
    >> controls, but can't find it now for some
    >> reason. What should I do?

    Thought this might be interesting since I use a bunch of ascx. I followed
    the public instructions using VS 2008 and I get a bunch of .compiled rather
    than dll's. These .compiled files are all 1KB so not a dll.

    LS
    Lloyd Sheen, Apr 24, 2008
  4. Andy B

    Lloyd Sheen Guest

    "Lloyd Sheen" <> wrote in message

    > "Juan T. Llibre" <> wrote in message
    >> Please follow the instructions in this MSDN article :
    >>
    >> Turning an .ascx User Control into a Redistributable Custom Control:
    >> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa479318.aspx
    >>
    >> Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    >> asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    >> "Andy B" <> wrote in message
    >>> How do you make ascx controls available to more than 1 web application
    >>> or vs2008 project? I tried putting it inside a
    >>> dll but it wont let me. I thought there was a project type for web user
    >>> controls, but can't find it now for some
    >>> reason. What should I do?
    >>>

    > Thought this might be interesting since I use a bunch of ascx. I followed
    > the public instructions using VS 2008 and I get a bunch of .compiled
    > rather than dll's. These .compiled files are all 1KB so not a dll.
    >
    > LS

    Sorry did not do all step correctly. It works.

    LS
    Lloyd Sheen, Apr 24, 2008
  5. re:
    !> Sorry did not do all step correctly. It works.

    Indeed, it does.
    Glad that you worked out the snag.

    Juan T. Llibre, Apr 25, 2008