    From: RP ()
    Subject: openwave error

    View this article only
    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.mobile
    Date: 2003-09-06 16:21:21 PST

    Hi all, I am getting an "Error: Malformed server response. Same page works
    fine in IE and MME.
    Here is the trace from openwave:

    Response data:
    HTTP/1.1 100 Error
    Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
    Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 23:25:05 GMT
    Transfer-Encoding: Chunked
    26a

    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
    Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 23:25:05 GMT
    Connection: close
    Cache-Control: private

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD XHTML Mobile 1.0//EN"
    "http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/xhtml-mobile10.dtd">
    <head>
    $30,000
    0

    TIA,
    PR

    Message 2 in thread
    From: Philip Ross (philip.ross@imagesemanticscom)
    Subject: Re: openwave error

    View this article only
    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.mobile
    Date: 2003-09-09 06:45:42 PST

    I have been getting the same problem with some of our web/wap pages
    and the Openwave browser. I don't have a solution but an observation
    that the error for me only occurs on Windows XP PRO, whereas on
    Windows 2003 Server the pages are served correctly.

    --philip.

    Message 3 in thread
    From: RP ()

    View this article only
    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.mobile
    Date: 2003-09-09 08:53:16 PST

    Server is running Windows 2000 on our end. I havent a clue where the problem
    is. Infact it works fine on the actual mobile device. Just get the error in
    the Openwave Emulator - which is actually a later version.

    spark, Oct 26, 2004

  2. Hello Spark,

    From the post thread, we can see that the problem doesn't happen on IE, MME
    and actual mobile device. It happens on OpenWave browser. So I feel that it
    is better if you can post your question in OpenWave support forum to get
    more information.

    This is the link for your information:
    http://demo2.openwave.com:8080/jive3/index.jspa?categoryID=1

    I suggest you post OpenWave version, Windows OS version, and IIS version,
    Repro pages there so that community members could better track it.

    Thanks very much.

    Best regards,
    Yanhong Huang
    Microsoft Community Support

    Register to Access MSDN Managed Newsgroups!
    -http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/msdn/nospam.as
    p&SD=msdn

    Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT], Oct 27, 2004

  3. spark

    spark Guest

    Thank you for the response.
    I'll post the question on Openwave forum and update this thread with what I
    hear.

    Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT], Oct 29, 2004
  5. "spark" <> schreef in bericht
    > Hoping this would help in identifying the problem, below is the discussion
    > that took place last year in this newsgroup.

    > All messages from thread
    > Message 1 in thread
    > From: RP ()
    > Subject: openwave error
    >

    > View this article only
    > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.mobile
    > Date: 2003-09-06 16:21:21 PST
    >

    > Hi all, I am getting an "Error: Malformed server response. Same page works
    > fine in IE and MME.
    > Here is the trace from openwave:
    >
    > Response data:
    > HTTP/1.1 100 Error
    > Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
    > Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 23:25:05 GMT
    > Transfer-Encoding: Chunked
    > 26a
    >
    > HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    > Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
    > Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 23:25:05 GMT
    > Connection: close
    > Cache-Control: private
    >
    > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    > <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD XHTML Mobile 1.0//EN"
    > "http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/xhtml-mobile10.dtd">
    > <head>
    > value="aDxfX1A7QDxmMjs7Pjs+"/>
    > $30,000
    > 0
    >
    > TIA,
    > PR
    >
    > Message 2 in thread
    > From: Philip Ross (philip.ross@imagesemanticscom)
    > Subject: Re: openwave error
    >

    > View this article only
    > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.mobile
    > Date: 2003-09-09 06:45:42 PST
    >

    > I have been getting the same problem with some of our web/wap pages
    > and the Openwave browser. I don't have a solution but an observation
    > that the error for me only occurs on Windows XP PRO, whereas on
    > Windows 2003 Server the pages are served correctly.
    >
    > --philip.
    >

    > Message 3 in thread
    > From: RP ()
    > Subject: Re: openwave error
    >

    > View this article only
    > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.mobile
    > Date: 2003-09-09 08:53:16 PST
    >

    > Server is running Windows 2000 on our end. I havent a clue where the
    > problem
    > is. Infact it works fine on the actual mobile device. Just get the error
    > in
    > the Openwave Emulator - which is actually a later version.

    This is from the Openwave website:

    "When posting data to either an ASP or a JavaServlet, through an Mobile
    Access Gateway, the POSTDATA may not appear the way you expect. ASP fails to
    build the Request.Form object, and the req.getParameterNames and
    req.getParameterValeus methods from the Java servlet class fail. The
    problems that the Mobile Access Gateway posts data with a content type of

    application/x-www-form-urlencoded;charset="UTF-8" (or the appropriate
    characterset)

    Both the servlet class and ASP fail to recognize this content type as a
    form, even though it is valid according to the HTTP spec. Solution: The data
    is delivered, so you can read it in off of the input stream and parse it
    yourself manually. "

    Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT], Nov 1, 2004