malicious javascript code

Xah Lee

i got this email hat says "your ATT wireless statement is enclosed"
etc., with an attachment in html.

i'm on a mac and i wasn't thinking, i saved the attachment, looked at
the raw html content (gibberish), and was curious and launched it in a
browser. (yes i know... don't know why i wasn't thinking) My harddisk
starts spinning like crazy. After a few seconds i did a hard-reboot on
my ibook because the system is not responding to forced-quits.

I don't know javascript well. This is one messy script. Can anyone
tell me what is it doing?

the script is here:
http://xahlee.org/malicious_code.txt
if you are usinging a browser to view it, better turn your javascript
off first, just to be sure.

Xah
(e-mail address removed)
http://xahlee.org/PageTwo_dir/more.html