malicious javascript code

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Xah Lee, Nov 19, 2004.

  1. Xah Lee

    Xah Lee Guest

    i got this email hat says "your ATT wireless statement is enclosed"
    etc., with an attachment in html.

    i'm on a mac and i wasn't thinking, i saved the attachment, looked at
    the raw html content (gibberish), and was curious and launched it in a
    browser. (yes i know... don't know why i wasn't thinking) My harddisk
    starts spinning like crazy. After a few seconds i did a hard-reboot on
    my ibook because the system is not responding to forced-quits.

    I don't know javascript well. This is one messy script. Can anyone
    tell me what is it doing?

    the script is here:
    http://xahlee.org/malicious_code.txt
    if you are usinging a browser to view it, better turn your javascript
    off first, just to be sure.

    Xah

    http://xahlee.org/PageTwo_dir/more.html

    Xah Lee, Nov 19, 2004