malloc realloc and pointers

cr88192

santosh said:
Believe it or not you still seem to be _far_ above average with regards
to programming, for someone of such youth. It _very_ impressive for
someone of 25 years of age to have written multiple compilers and GCs.

actually, I am still 23, I will be turning 24 at the end of this month.
but, yeah, I think sometimes I have inferiority issues...
(among many other things).

so, yes, ok.
I am obsessive I guess.

cr88192

CBFalconer said:
Well, it looks like you are using Microsoft junk, and they will
never produce a good OS. I suspect that moving to Linux will
rapidly satisfy you.
</BLAST>

well, there was a time when I used to use mostly Linux.
one major reason I am still stuck with windows now is network-card related.

actually, it is mostly just my WiFi, and I have parents that have some
bizarre aversion to network wires...
WiFi is good for some things, but it sucks when used as a primary network...

it sucks that it is slow.
it sucks having to get stupid drivers to work.
it sucks for failing pretty much every time someone uses the microwave.

so, good for laptops, not so good for other things.
seeing Cat5 cables is a reasonable tradeoff IMO...

Ben Bacarisse

Jack Klein said:
This is not legal C code. The cast generates an rvalue, and the post
increment operator cannot be applied to lvalues.

Of course you mean either "can only be applied to lvalues" or "cannot
be applied to rvalues" -- clearly a typo but it seems worth clearing
up.