malloc size

Lawrence Kirby

Let me assume it done somewhere in a library and im using it... then
how do i know... ???

If you mean how do you know how big an object allocated by a library is
then the answer is that you don't unless the library provides a
specification or programmatic means to tell you. If a library returns a
pointer to an allocated object there should be a clear specification of
what you can do with it. Trying to find out information that it doesn't
tell you is probably an error.

Lawrence