    displayed at the end, just copy & paste this and upload.
    Session save path /tmp, Unwriteable

    How do I fix this? Many thanks in advance!

    King of Red Lions, Jan 20, 2005

  2. King of Red Lions wrote:
    > Bit of a problem with mambo. During installation it said ...
    >
    > configuration.php Unwriteable
    > You can still continue the install as the configuration will be
    > displayed at the end, just copy & paste this and upload.
    > Session save path /tmp, Unwriteable
    >
    > How do I fix this? Many thanks in advance!

    is there no mambo NG?
    just do what it says. continue your installation and at the end copy &
    paste the content of the configuration.php and upload it to your root
    directory...
    sometimes things are just too easy :)

    you will have to chmod 757 your configuration.php afterwards, and don't
    forget to delete the /installation/ directory

    bernhar

    --
    www.daszeichen.ch
    remove nixspam to reply

    Bernhard Sturm, Jan 20, 2005

  3. Bernhard Sturm wrote:
    > King of Red Lions wrote:
    >
    >> Bit of a problem with mambo. During installation it said ...
    >>
    >> configuration.php Unwriteable
    >> You can still continue the install as the configuration will be
    >> displayed at the end, just copy & paste this and upload.
    >> Session save path /tmp, Unwriteable
    >>
    >> How do I fix this? Many thanks in advance!

    > is there no mambo NG?
    > just do what it says. continue your installation and at the end copy &
    > paste the content of the configuration.php and upload it to your root
    > directory...
    > sometimes things are just too easy :)
    >
    > you will have to chmod 757 your configuration.php afterwards, and don't
    > forget to delete the /installation/ directory
    >
    > bernhar

    Thanks, what about the problem of the session save path to /tmp?

    King of Red Lions, Jan 20, 2005
  4. King of Red Lions wrote:

    > Thanks, what about the problem of the session save path to /tmp?

    that's a host issue (and might depend on your hosts settings).. you can
    just create a /tmp directory in your root and chmod 777 to it. this
    should sove the problem.

    bernhard
    --
    www.daszeichen.ch
    remove nixspam to reply

    Bernhard Sturm, Jan 20, 2005
  5. Bernhard Sturm wrote:
    > King of Red Lions wrote:
    >

    >> Thanks, what about the problem of the session save path to /tmp?

    > that's a host issue (and might depend on your hosts settings).. you can
    > just create a /tmp directory in your root and chmod 777 to it. this
    > should sove the problem.
    >

    > bernhard

    Unfortunately it won't let me create a directory in my root. Thanks anyway!

    King of Red Lions, Jan 20, 2005
  6. King of Red Lions wrote:

    > Unfortunately it won't let me create a directory in my root. Thanks
    > anyway!

    strange... how do you then install mambo? root should read as the root
    of your virtual webserver.
    Anyway, it might work without creating the directory, just ignore the
    message.

    HTH
    bernhard

    --
    www.daszeichen.ch
    remove nixspam to reply

    Bernhard Sturm, Jan 20, 2005
  7. King of Red Lions

    kchayka Guest

    King of Red Lions wrote:
    > Bit of a problem with mambo...

    Why they heck don't you just go ask your questions in the mambo forum?
    <URL:http://forum.mamboserver.com/>

    kchayka, Jan 23, 2005