mambo probleam

King of Red Lions

Bit of a problem with mambo. During installation it said ...

configuration.php Unwriteable
You can still continue the install as the configuration will be
displayed at the end, just copy & paste this and upload.
Session save path /tmp, Unwriteable

How do I fix this? Many thanks in advance!

Bernhard Sturm

King said:
Bit of a problem with mambo. During installation it said ...

configuration.php Unwriteable
You can still continue the install as the configuration will be
displayed at the end, just copy & paste this and upload.
Session save path /tmp, Unwriteable

How do I fix this? Many thanks in advance!

is there no mambo NG?
just do what it says. continue your installation and at the end copy &
paste the content of the configuration.php and upload it to your root
directory...
sometimes things are just too easy :)

you will have to chmod 757 your configuration.php afterwards, and don't
forget to delete the /installation/ directory

bernhar

King of Red Lions

Bernhard said:
is there no mambo NG?
just do what it says. continue your installation and at the end copy &
paste the content of the configuration.php and upload it to your root
directory...
sometimes things are just too easy :)

you will have to chmod 757 your configuration.php afterwards, and don't
forget to delete the /installation/ directory

bernhar

Thanks, what about the problem of the session save path to /tmp?

Bernhard Sturm

King said:
Thanks, what about the problem of the session save path to /tmp?

that's a host issue (and might depend on your hosts settings).. you can
just create a /tmp directory in your root and chmod 777 to it. this
should sove the problem.

bernhard

King of Red Lions

Bernhard said:
that's a host issue (and might depend on your hosts settings).. you can
just create a /tmp directory in your root and chmod 777 to it. this
should sove the problem.

bernhard

Unfortunately it won't let me create a directory in my root. Thanks anyway!

Bernhard Sturm

King said:
Unfortunately it won't let me create a directory in my root. Thanks
anyway!

strange... how do you then install mambo? root should read as the root
of your virtual webserver.
Anyway, it might work without creating the directory, just ignore the
message.

HTH
bernhard