manage rules problem

Discussion in '.NET' started by RBeach1955, Mar 16, 2011.

1. RBeach1955

RBeach1955

when managing rules I receive the below error:

Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled using in configuration or in a page. For security purposes, this feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate from the server control that originally rendered them. If the data is valid and expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in order to register the postback or callback data for validation. at System.Web.UI.ClientScriptManager.ValidateEvent(String uniqueId, String argument) at System.Web.UI.Control.ValidateEvent(String uniqueID, String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

The only thing on my web page are buttons to change to new aspx pages. From searching this error I changed all of the buttons to "linkbutton" and I still receive this error.

Please help!!!!
    RBeach1955, Mar 16, 2011
    1. Advertising

2. RBeach1955

RBeach1955

The rules are applied as long as I am in Microsoft Visual Web developer 2008, but does not apply the rules when in live mode after publishing.
    RBeach1955, Mar 16, 2011
    1. Advertising

3. RBeach1955

urmi

hey I want to create dropdown list dynamiclly asp.net c#
    can u plz help....
    dropdown automatically generated with table data.
    urmi, Mar 16, 2011
  4. RBeach1955

RBeach1955

URMI,

You posted a question on a question being asked. Be sure to create a new thread when asking questions or it may not get answered.

Per your question, you will need to create a datasource for the information in the drop down list first then do the below.

Below is a sample of the code needed in your aspx file:

<asp:DropDownList ID="Your_Field_Name" runat="server" DataSourceID="Your_Data_Source_Name" DataTextField="Your_Field_Name" DataValueField="Your_Field_Name" Width="100px" />

Fill in Your_Field_Name and Your_Data_Source_Name with your correct names. The column width can be changed to allow the field to diplay properly.

Thanks,

RBeach
    RBeach1955, Mar 16, 2011
    1. Advertising