Manage table names, flds, queries via reporting structure

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by jason, Oct 7, 2003.

  1. jason

    jason Guest

    Access 2000

    I would like to be able to generate table reports listing all the TABLE
    NAMES, FIELDS and their datatypes in a neatly formatted table.

    Additionally I am building up a frightening amount of queries.....I would
    also like to cycle through this and neatly associate notes with them to
    remind
    me of their specific purpose. The naming of the query can only go so far.

    I am guessing that the CATALOG feature would be the best way to do this.
    Could some experience programmers give me a couple of best practice tips
    on how to manage their table structures.

    I find that upon returning to my asp and access application after a month or
    two I struggle to contextualize where to begin query additions and table
    alterations
    and hope a catalog method will make me more effective and save time.

    - Jason
    jason, Oct 7, 2003

  2. jason

    Bob Barrows Guest