Manage the user Count or restricting the logged in users

Discussion in 'Java' started by Sravan, May 27, 2011.

  1. Sravan

    Sravan Guest

    Hi,
    I've an existing appication, which needs a change, and it has to be as
    minimal as possible. I'll have to restrcit the number of users to
    hundred. How can we handle.

    Some Information:
    --------------------------
    Application runs on Servlets/JSP tech's
    --> http://www.xyzws.com/servletfaq/when-do-i-use-httpsessionlistener/7
    This is idea to implement the above approach, and create a static
    variable to maintain the count of the numer of sessions,
    The only two ways that we need to handle are.. (for the session
    destroyed)
    a) session time-out and
    b) Closing the browser

    Will the above approach does the job?
    Or any other simpler solutions,
    we use WAS server.. any server settings that can help do this.

    Please suggest few inputs...
    Sravan, May 27, 2011