Managed Code???

Vinnie

Code that is considered Managed is managed by the CLR vs code that uses
Interop or COM not using .NET Classed etc.

Kumar Gaurav Khanna [.NET MVP]

Hi!

By "managed", we mean to refer to entity is executed, maintained and
released by the control of the Common Language Runtime. Thus, all code that
is executed by the CLR, or objects that are allocated/deallocated by it are
termed as managed entities by nature.

This is in contrast with the non-CLR based development (typically win32
based, COM based) where in no entity outside the execution application
manages the application code, memory, security and so on. In this case, the
application is responsible for doing it on its own. Such entities are
termed, thus, as unmanaged entities.

Have a look at this URI:
http://www.datadirect-technologies.com/products/dotnet/docs/wp-managedcode.asp

and view this video:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/theshow/Episode035/default.asp

Regards
Kumar Gaurav Khanna
-------
I can't be garbage collected; I am pinned to .NET
-------
Microsoft MVP - .NET
WinToolZone - http://www.wintoolzone.com/
Spelunking Microsoft Technologies and my home on the web :)
OpSupport - Spelunking Rotor
http://opsupport.sscli.net/

http://dot-net.blogspot.com/
http://kgk.blogspot.com/