ManagementObjectSearcher must put in a folder which is accessible byanonymous user?!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by CKKwan, Mar 20, 2009.

  1. CKKwan

    CKKwan Guest

    Why?

    I reference to this file in my code (something like \mysite\Code
    \Code.cs), where the Code folder is deny access to anonymous user.

    This code will compile without any error, but failed during runtime.

    And the worst thing is, the security page inside ASPNET configuration
    will also fail.

    I drag it to a folder with public access (somethign like \misite\Public
    \Code.cs) and everything works fine after that.

    It took me one whole day jsut to figure this out :(

    Is that mean code inside ASPNET needs to reside in a folder with
    anonymous access rights if they are reference to external libraries?

    CKKwan, Mar 20, 2009