managing access to multiply pools

Maciej

Hi,

Let's say I've got two pools with LEGO blocks. Pool-1 with triangles,
Pool-2 with squares, Pool-3 with squars The kid-A (threa-A, if you
wish so) need a triangle, a circle and a square, but the second Pool
is out of resources. So kid-A waits for available resource. Kid-B need
to check-out a triangle, and Kid-C -- a circle, and they could check
them out from pools, but Kid-A block access. If a square is not
checked-in into Pool-2 no-one will be satisfied, even Kid B and C. Is
it the right strategy to solve that problem ?

Any examples how is managing access to multiply pools solved ?

Regards,

Maciej

Daniel Dyer

Hi,

Let's say I've got two pools with LEGO blocks. Pool-1 with triangles,
Pool-2 with squares, Pool-3 with squars The kid-A (threa-A, if you
wish so) need a triangle, a circle and a square, but the second Pool
is out of resources. So kid-A waits for available resource. Kid-B need
to check-out a triangle, and Kid-C -- a circle, and they could check
them out from pools, but Kid-A block access. If a square is not
checked-in into Pool-2 no-one will be satisfied, even Kid B and C. Is
it the right strategy to solve that problem ?

Any examples how is managing access to multiply pools solved ?

This sounds like the Dining Philosophers problem
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dining_philosophers_problem).

Dan.