Managing content

Discussion in 'HTML' started by CitizenX, Apr 26, 2004.

  1. CitizenX

    CitizenX Guest

    I am currently working on an idea that will make my life a whole lot
    simpler. I have been looking at many different content management systems
    and have not found one that does what I need or is as simple as I prefer so
    I am writing my own (and need help!)

    Eg: of what I want to do: http://jvlapps.nsuok.edu:8080/temp/N8s_cms/

    I am using PHP/MySql to store the content, on admin login each edtiable
    section of the page will have a checkbox next to it
    (http://jvlapps.nsuok.edu:8080/temp/N8s_cms/n8scms_AdminSelectEdit.php),
    the admin selects the data to be edited and on submit that content is
    displayed in a textarea
    (http://jvlapps.nsuok.edu:8080/temp/N8s_cms/n8scms_AdminEdit.php).

    After editing the new content is added to the database4 and eveyone is
    happy.

    I am certian that someone has done this before, I think I have seen an
    artical about this somewhere. Does anyone have any leads I can go to to
    read more on what it will take to get this running? I am still a newbie
    when it comes to PHP/MySql so my coding ability could use some help as
    well.

    N8

    CitizenX, Apr 26, 2004

    :
    Have you tried the CMS at www.webcharm.ca? More systems are also
    listed at www.cmswatch.com/ContentManagement/Products/.

    : Eg: of what I want to do: http://jvlapps.nsuok.edu:8080/temp/N8s_cms/
    :
    : I am using PHP/MySql to store the content, on admin login each edtiable
    : section of the page will have a checkbox next to it
    : (http://jvlapps.nsuok.edu:8080/temp/N8s_cms/n8scms_AdminSelectEdit.php),
    : the admin selects the data to be edited and on submit that content is
    : displayed in a textarea
    : (http://jvlapps.nsuok.edu:8080/temp/N8s_cms/n8scms_AdminEdit.php).
    :
    : After editing the new content is added to the database4 and eveyone is
    : happy.
    :
    Seems like its been done already.

    Long