Managing files in bin folder

Pavils Jurjans

Hello,

My ASP.NET project is growing bigger and more complex, and the application
bin folder starts getting pretty crowded. I want to postpone any DLL
registration to GAC until I will be very sure that the core API is not going
to change considerably for some time, so all the application code is in bin
folder.

Are there some strategies, how to manage large number of files in bin foler?
Perhaps I can have some configuration setting that allows to store DLLs not
only in bin folder, but in set of folder? Perhaps there are some rules to
encourage ASP.NET runtime compiler to look in some subfolder of bin folder?

Thanks,

-- Pavils

Curt_C [MVP]

Are they all DLL files? Perhaps you are using it for other things that can
be moved.

Pavils Jurjans

All of them are DLL's, yes. But only few of them are actually code-behind
dlls. Then, those code-behind DLLs make use of those other DLLs. Apparently,
they can refer to DLLs that are stored deeper in subfolders of the bin
folder. But, I just wanted to have some consultation about what are best
strategies for doing that - i.e. having separate folders for different
namespaces, etc.

-- Pavils