Managing Lists

bijoy

How do i go about creating/managing a list as follows:

I want to run a db query and then create a list of those values for
future use. I am thinking I can do that with a dataset.

For each item in that list, I want a "flag" associated.

Based on another query, I want to flag each item.. ie. if certain
criteria is met in the 2nd query for a given item in teh list, I want
to flag that item.

For example,

My first query returns "China", "Japan" and "USA" - which I store in a
list.

My second query returns the following rows:

"China", val1, val2
"USA", val1, val2

Now, based on my second query, I want to update the list as follows:

list["China"] = true
list["Japan"] = false
list["USA"] = true.

Then after I use the list for output, I want to flush the values I just
set. SO, it remembers China, Japan and USA but resets the trues to
false.

Are there any objects in .NET that I can use to manage this?

Thx in advance.

Bijoy