Managing multiple instances of an asp.net application

Achim Domma

Hi,

I have an asp.net application which can be configured via web.config. I
had to setup multiple versions for multiple customers, so I made copies
of the application folder and created virtual folders for each
customer. This is ok for a small number of customers but not if the
number of instances grows.

The instances differ only in their web.config. Is there some best
practice how to handle such a scenario?

regards,
Achim

Eliyahu Goldin

Achim,

In a similar situation I use the same application with different customers
logging in with different customer id:
www.mySite.com?custId=abc

I have an xml file Customers.xml where I setup all customized customer
parameters. The login page goes to the file and gets he parameters for
customer "abc".