Managing sounds

David Alex Lamb

I'm working on a Java-based game (eventually to be Open Source), and have
started looking into how to manage sounds. I want to be able to play
background music, and mix in various sounds related to what's going on in the
game (e.g. short speeches, "event" sounds like someone hammering on something,
something collapsing, and so on).

I have found tutorial resources on the Java Sound package, and a
crossreference to the Java Media Framework, both of which I'm slowly reading
through. Unfortunately I can't immediately see how these relate to what I'm
really interested in.

Can anyone point to a source that describes things at the higher-level
abstraction of my first paragraph?

Jason Herald

This is a really interesting idea.

I have had some experience using Java sound when in college.
I am in the process of modfying the source i wrote for a project to fit what
you are trying to do.

email me at the addy below and i will shoot you the code.
--
If you have any additional questions or need source code email
(e-mail address removed).

Thanks

Jason Herald