    What is the "_RTLENTRY _EXPFUNC" all about and what should I know about it?
    My help files (Borland bcc32 ver 5.5) don't have a lot to say about it.

    Thanks In Advance!
    Marcus Lessard, Oct 17, 2003

  2. Marcus Lessard

    Eric Sosman Guest

    Marcus Lessard wrote:

    > Why do header files have declarations for functions in them that look like
    > this:
    >
    > unsigned long _RTLENTRY _EXPFUNC _beginthread (void (_USERENTRY
    > *__start)(void *),unsigned __stksize, void *__arg);
    >
    > When the implementation files declares them like this:
    > int thread_id;
    > thread_id = _beginthread(thread_code,4096,(void *)i);
    >
    > What is the "_RTLENTRY _EXPFUNC" all about and what should I know about it?
    > My help files (Borland bcc32 ver 5.5) don't have a lot to say about it.

    These declarations use Implementation Magic: they are
    mystical incantations that have meaning (one presumes) to
    the compiler that's part of the same package as the headers.
    We do not know exactly what they mean; they are "private
    communications" to the compiler from the authors of the
    header.

    "Meddle not in the affairs of wizards, for they are
    subtle and quick to anger."

    Eric Sosman, Oct 17, 2003