    practical usage of manifest file? If I am not building .NET Assembly.

    From the MSDN document, I can not find too much use. Could anyone
    share some experiences please?

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235542(vs.80).aspx

    thanks in advance,
    George

    , Nov 29, 2007

  2. Ian Collins Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello everyone,
    >

    > For a native unmanaged C/C++ Application/DLL/static lib, are there any
    > practical usage of manifest file? If I am not building .NET Assembly.

    This isn't a C++ question, try a .net or windows programming group.

    --
    Ian Collins.

    Ian Collins, Nov 29, 2007

  3. Jack Klein Guest

    On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 22:20:59 -0800 (PST), wrote in
    comp.lang.c++:

    > Hello everyone,
    >

    > For a native unmanaged C/C++ Application/DLL/static lib, are there any

    C++ does not have any of "unmanaged", "DLL", "static lib", or "C/C++",
    for that matter.

    > practical usage of manifest file? If I am not building .NET Assembly.

    C++ does not have any thing called a "manifest file".

    > From the MSDN document, I can not find too much use. Could anyone
    > share some experiences please?
    >
    > http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235542(vs.80).aspx

    All the things you are asking about are not part of the C++ language,
    but system specific extensions (and/or perversions) added by Microsoft
    and specific to Windows.

    They have no meaning here, you need to ask about them on a Windows
    programming group like news:comp.os.windows.programmer.win32, or one
    of Microsoft's support groups in the news:microsoft.public.* family.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

    Jack Klein, Nov 30, 2007