manifest file

Ian Collins

Hello everyone,

For a native unmanaged C/C++ Application/DLL/static lib, are there any
practical usage of manifest file? If I am not building .NET Assembly.
This isn't a C++ question, try a .net or windows programming group.

Jack Klein

Hello everyone,

For a native unmanaged C/C++ Application/DLL/static lib, are there any

C++ does not have any of "unmanaged", "DLL", "static lib", or "C/C++",
for that matter.
practical usage of manifest file? If I am not building .NET Assembly.

C++ does not have any thing called a "manifest file".
From the MSDN document, I can not find too much use. Could anyone
share some experiences please?

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235542(vs.80).aspx

All the things you are asking about are not part of the C++ language,
but system specific extensions (and/or perversions) added by Microsoft
and specific to Windows.

They have no meaning here, you need to ask about them on a Windows
programming group like or one
of Microsoft's support groups in the family.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com