Manipulate Crystal Reports file using java stand alone application

Discussion in 'Java' started by sargiriou@gmail.com, Jan 16, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hi everyone,

    We are using Crystal Reports 10 atm and IBM Rational Studio 6.
    I have some issue that i could really use your help :

    1) I need to use a java stand alone application that does the following

    i) Export the .rpt report to .pdf format
    ii) Save , print , update a report (not all at the same time).

    2) I have read that this can be done by using JSP on an Application
    server. Keep in mind that i have no
    former experience in JSP or in installing and setting up an
    application server. So if this the only way of
    doing my job can u please point out some tutorials or some sample
    code?

    I really would like it on java stand alone.I am currently using a trial
    version of Crystal reports XI and i want to know if we should buy it in
    order rto accomplish the jobs mentioned.If the above can be done
    without CR XI it's even better :}

    Thanx a lot in advance .All help is appreciated
    , Jan 16, 2007