    Since this is in ASP.net I'm out of luck with the graphics
    class in GDI+.

    Any suggestions?
    Will, Aug 10, 2003

  2. Will

    Jos Guest

    Will wrote:
    > I've got a file upload happening to upload an image file
    > to the server. During this process I want to also create a
    > thumbnail of the image in the same directory, and adjust
    > the size of the image if it's too large horizonally or
    > vertically. I am using an httpfilescollection to gain
    > access to the file I uploaded, but I can't figure out
    > where to go from there.
    >
    > Since this is in ASP.net I'm out of luck with the graphics
    > class in GDI+.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    There are plenty of samples of this to be found on the net.

    E.g.
    http://www.aspalliance.com/chrisg/tools/view-image3.asp

    Custom controls with this functionality can be found at:
    http://www.asp.net/ControlGallery/default.aspx?Category=8&tabindex=2

    Also try Google with the keywords "asp.net" and "thumbnails".

    --

    Jos Branders
    Jos, Aug 10, 2003

  3. Will

    Jerry III Guest

    Why exactly can't you use GDI+ on a server? It's actually easier then on the
    client side as you have complete control over the server (and can guarantee
    that .NET framework and GDI+ is installed).

    Jerry

    Jerry III, Aug 11, 2003