    Similar to reflection is it possible to manipulate classes on runtime, e.g.
    adding methods and fields? AOP?

    Timo

    Timo Nentwig, Jul 14, 2003

  2. Timo Nentwig () wrote:
    : Similar to reflection is it possible to manipulate classes on runtime, e.g.
    : adding methods and fields? AOP?

    No.

    It is however possible to create _new_ classes at runtime. Using a
    specialized classloader you can perhaps get most of what you want.
    Google to find helpful projects.

    You also have the method Proxy class (java/1.3+) that can be used for
    some interesting things.

    If you care to tell us more about what you try to do we may be able
    to provide more information.

    /robo

    Robert Olofsson, Jul 14, 2003

  3. Timo Nentwig <> wrote in message news:<beurkd$9914q$-berlin.de>...
    > Hi!
    >
    > Similar to reflection is it possible to manipulate classes on runtime, e.g.
    > adding methods and fields? AOP?
    >
    > Timo

    Yes. See

    Byte Code Engineering Library http://jakarta.apache.org/bcel/