Manipulating data before printing to paper

Sune

Hi,

I'm in the situation that i need to print (to paper) some documents from
a database using a website, and i need to manipulate the data on the fly,
but my problem is that i don't know how to do this or if it's even possible.

I need to split the content in to individual pages, so that when it gets
printed via the browser it will be possible for me to print it in a custom
table that provides a design (header/footer) with the company logo etc. around
the data, and this should be done automatically even with mutiple pages.
- Is this possible in any way? I mean, to get the asp to evaluate the text/html
in i.e. a variable, and split it to the correct parts and inserting the header/footer
from a function depending on how much space the content would take on print?

When thinking, i find it pretty unrealistic because of tables, pictures,
fonts etc., but however i hope that there's some kind of hope out there for
me - if anyone have got suggestions that includes client-side scripting combined
with serverside that would be okay too.

Furthermore i would like to know whether or not the following is possible
in any ways:
- Get the current page number and the total amount of pages, so that i could
include it in my header?
- Manipulate the clients configured margins tempoarily, so that all clients
prints with the same margins from the website?
- Remove (or change) the clients browsers default header/footer tempoarily
so that only my own edition is included?

Thank you very much.